At Supreme Inns Hotel we are committed to green hotel policies and the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognise the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental hotel. We strive to minimise any detrimental effects as a result of our business. By working together we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a focal point and receive proper attention.
In delivering our commitment we will :-
• Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
• Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
• Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
• Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
• Through our active environmental team we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed , updated and communicated to all staff.
Examples of everyday actions
Recycling of ....
• Paper, Cardboard, Glass, Plastic, Cooking Oil, Toner Cartridges, Fluorescent Tubes.
Saving Energy By....
• Installing Solar Power System
• Monitoring Gas & Electricity Consumption Weekly
• Use of low energy light bulbs
• Re-use towels on guest request
• Outside lights on sensors (Night/Day)
• Building Management to maintain constant temperature throughout Hotel
• Water consumption by ongoing installation of new dual flush toilet cisterns
• Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food & cleaning items
• Electricity bill & consumption due to 50kw solar system on hotel roof & new A rated windows throughout.